Our most recent CONSTRUCTION VOLUNTEER schedule is up. Please volunteer today.
Building a home alongside other volunteers and partner families is rewarding and a great way to get to know your community! Volunteers participate in construction on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays on sites such as Highland Avenue and West Lane (2016-2017). No construction experience is necessary, we’re here to help! We have a site supervisor and crew leaders on each construction site who will give you instructions and help you get started. These leaders will always be available to answer any questions and provide you with support throughout the day.
Construction Volunteer Policies
- Volunteers ages 16 and older are welcome on our construction sites!
- Volunteers must complete our Volunteer Waiver form. Download the 2016 Release of Liability Confidentiality Form,
- Volunteers ages 18 and under must also have a Parent/Guardian signature on their waiver form.
What to Expect as a Construction Volunteer
- We provide an orientation and safety briefing before volunteers start working.
- Dress for the weather. No loose clothing. Closed-toed shoes are a must. Don’t forget the sunscreen!
- You may work alongside a Habitat Winchester-Frederick County partner family.
- HFHWFC provides safety gear, building materials, tools and supervision.
- We provide water.
- Please view a brief safety video prior to the Volunteer Build Day.
- A build day will only be cancelled if the weather conditions or home build site are unsafe for volunteers and staff.
Volunteering as a Group
Faith, civic and community groups: Please email the Program Director and Volunteer Coordinator, for further information. Or, call the office at 540.662.7066.
Corporate groups: Please email the Executive Director to begin the coordination process. Or, call the office at 540.662.7066.
Volunteering at The ReStore
If interested in volunteering at the ReStore, contact the Restore Director at 540.662.9704 for more information.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteering with Habitat is often more than swinging a hammer! We rely on our volunteers in many different ways to accomplish work, strengthen the community and supply more families with affordable housing. Join our team of professionals, family services, one-time event needs or weekly office receptionists. If you are not sure where to start, and would like to know what our volunteer needs this month, please contact the Program Director/Volunteer Coordinator at 540.662.7066 for more information about how to get involved.
Check out the our micro-sites highlighting current volunteers and their activities during the 2017 Build Season!
400 Battaile Drive – Winchester ReStore