Summer Volunteer Opportunites on Jobsites Begin July 17
Starting July 17, we will be opening up Tuesdays for individual volunteers. Please visit our Volunteer Calendar to register.
Building a home alongside other volunteers and partner families is a rewarding way of getting to know our community! Volunteers participate in construction on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 8:30 am until 2:00 pm. No construction experience is necessary, we’re here to help! We have a site supervisor and crew leaders on each construction site who will give you instructions and help you get started. These leaders will always be available to answer any questions and provide you with support throughout the day.
Construction Volunteer Policies
- Volunteers ages 16 and older are welcome on our construction sites!
- Volunteers must complete our Volunteer Waiver form. Download the 2018 Release of Liability Confidentiality Form.
- Volunteers ages 17 and under must also have a Parent/Guardian signature on their waiver form and are not authorized to use power tools.
What to Expect as a Construction Volunteer
- We provide an orientation and safety briefing before volunteers start working.
- Dress for the weather. No loose clothing. Closed-toed shoes are a must. Don’t forget the sunscreen!
- You may work alongside a Habitat Winchester-Frederick-Clarke partner family.
- HFHWFC provides safety gear, building materials, tools and supervision.
- We provide water.
Please note: A build day will only be cancelled if the weather conditions or home build site are unsafe for volunteers and staff.